WINES OF THE COLUMBIA VALLEY
BOOMTOWN BY DUSTED VALLEY
Dusted Valley & Boomtown
Celebrate Their 20th anniversary!
Boomtown by Dusted Valley offers classic Washington State wines with one goal – to over deliver.
In 2003, Wisconsin natives Chad Johnson and Corey Braunel left the comforts of their corporate jobs to move to Walla Walla and fulfill their dream of crafting world-class wine. Combining Washington State grapes with their rough and tumble know-how and a sizeable piece of their souls, the family created Dusted Valley and Boomtown.
A nod to the Dusted Valley family’s unquenchable thirst for adventure, Boomtown is crafted for all of those unafraid to step out and leave their comfort zones. Boomtown by Dusted Valley allows the family the opportunity to share a fantastic Dusted Valley wine with a larger audience.
Winegrowers, Chad Johnson and Corey Braunel, work with the vineyard managers from McNary Vineyard in the Horse Heaven Hills AVA and Two Gun Vineyard in the Ancient Lakes AVA to control and guide the process at each and every step – from vineyard to bottle.
At roughly 20,000 cases, Boomtown is available through fine restaurants and wine retailers throughout the country with current offerings include Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah and a Red Blend.
As part of the celebration they are introducing Boomtown Sauvignon Blanc and all new labels!
Beginning with the
2022 White Wines
2021 Red Wines
Dusted Valley is Introducing
all new Labels for the
Same Great Wines…
Same Great People…
Boomtown White Wines
Boomtown Red Wines
- Our Boomtown red wines hail from McNary Vineyard, perched right along the mighty Columbia River in the Southeast corner of the Horse Heaven Hills AVA. Beautiful fruit and balance are the hallmarks of these wines, and with the addition of roughly 10-15% of our Dusted Valley estate fruit, the result yields wines with polish, concentration and varietal typicity that over deliver time and again.
- With temperatures moderated by the Columbia River, the McNary Vineyard is a cooler site compared to its vineyard neighbors in the Horse Heaven Hills AVA. The cooler climate lends itself to longer hang times and phenolic ripeness which lead to old world sensibilities with bright core Washington fruit and natural acidity.
- This unique site is situated directly on the Columbia River in sandy soils on a basalt cliff overlooking the McNary Dam.
- The vineyard was planted in 2012 with subsequent plantings through 2017.
Two Gun Vineyard
- Our Boomtown white wines (except the 2022 Chardonnay. See below.) comes from Two Gun Vineyard in the Ancient Lakes AVA.
- Sitting at an elevation of 1,500 feet, this cool site lends itself to an extended growing season and lingering hang time, which offers the minerality, beautiful fruit flavors and crisp acidity that we seek in our wines.
- The vineyard is planted on the South facing slope of the base of the Beezly Hills where sandy-loam soils combine with fractured Caliche. This unique micro climate, combined with attentive growing practices, yield consistent quality fruit each and every vintage.
The 2022 Boomtown Chardonnay – AVA: Columbia Valley
The Boomtown 2022 Chardonnay hails from several cool-climate vineyards in the Yakima Valley.
The cooler climate offers a natural acidity that we seek in our finished wines and serves as the backbone of our Chardonnay program.
- Designated in 1983, Yakima Valley was the first federally recognized wine-growing region in the Pacific Northwest.
- The valley has an arid, continental climate, with annual average precipitation at just 8 inches (20 cm).
- It’s one of the few appellations in the state where white varieties are more planted than red, led by Chardonnay and Riesling.
- Stretches of cooler terrain in Yakima Valley are home to almost half of the Chardonnay and Riesling grown in the state.