Fine Wines From Chablis
Drouhin Vaudon Chablis
Drouhin Vaudon Chablis
Although I’ve said it before, it’s worth repeating: Drouhin is one of the top producers in Chablis. – WineReviewOnline.com
The Moulin de Vaudon, the property of Joseph Drouhin, is an 18th Century watermill straddling the Serein River, close to the Grand Cru vineyards of Chablis. Flowing gently past hillsides covered with vineyards, the river has always been closely identified with Chablis and its region. Because of its unique location at the heart of their 38 hectare vineyard estate (95 acres), this historical mill is the headquarters of the Drouhin Domaine in Chablis.
Joseph Drouhin, a precursor and pioneer in this great wine region for 40 years, will strengthen the identity of their prestigious Chablis Domaine. With this in mind, and starting with the vintage 2008, the name “Vaudon” will be associated with Joseph Drouhin for all its Chablis wines as a sign of the firm’s allegiance to this historical terroir.
Vineyard Site: This is the northernmost region of Burgundy, located in a dramatic circle of hills where vines have been planted for hundreds of years
History & tradition: In the sixties, when the Chablis vineyards were all but abandoned, Robert Drouhin recognized the potential of this region which had been ravaged by the phylloxera disease a century before. He was one of the first Burgundy propriétaires who set about revitalizing the area. Soil: the Kimmeridgian limestone contains millions of tiny marine fossils embedded in a kind of whitish mortar which may have been once the bottom of the sea…hundreds of million years ago. This marine origin gives the wines of Chablis their unique flavor.
Drouhin Vaudon Chablis Village
Drouhin Vaudon Chablis Premier Cru
DROUHIN VAUDON Chablis Grand CRU
DEDICATION TO THE DIVERSITY OF BURGUNDY
- With close to 90 different appellations, Joseph Drouhin offers a fascinating array of Burgundy terroirs in all their authenticity and subtle variations.
A FAMILY HERITAGE
- For the last 140 years, Maison Joseph Drouhin has been in the hands of the Drouhin family.
- Today, the fourth generation is at the helm, animated by the same passion that inspired the founder of the company.
LISTENING TO NATURE
- Joseph Drouhin has adopted the biological and biodynamic approach.
- Only natural products are used in the vineyards and all procedures show the utmost respect for the soil, the vine and the environment.
AN IDEAL OF PERFECTION AND ELEGANCE
- The style of Joseph Drouhin is an alliance between character, balance and harmony.
- Wines meant to be drunk young are fresh and subtle; wines meant for keeping acquire with age a luscious complexity.
SHARING WITH THE WORLD
- The wines of Joseph Drouhin are found on the finest tables.
- Joseph Drouhin is proud to bring the best of Burgundy to the whole world.
LA MAISON JOSEPH DROUHIN
In 1880, Joseph Drouhin, who was from the Chablis region originally, chose the city of Beaune to found the business that bears his name. Over the years and with each generation, the vineyard estate grew.
At the same time, the founder’s Chablis 2006 passionate search for excellence and knowledge was handed down like a family heirloom; Maison Joseph Drouhin continues to ensure this valuable family heritage.
Dedication to the diversity of Burgundy has always been the sole focus and vocation of Maison Joseph Drouhin, as vineyards – mostly premier and grand crus – were acquired in all major areas.
Out of firm conviction, Drouhin has adopted a biological and biodynamic approach to viticulture.
- Listening to nature: from vine to glass, at every step in the elaboration of the wine, a profound respect and deference to nature prevails.
- From its very beginning, Maison Joseph Drouhin has aimed for an ideal of perfection and elegance.
- The style of Joseph Drouhin combines balance, harmony and character, providing infinite pleasure.
Thanks to its open-minded world view, Joseph Drouhin introduces the best of Burgundy to all continents. Its active presence in many countries is the surest proof of its desire to get acquainted and understand other cultures and styles of living