Drouhin Vaudon Chablis Grand Cru Bougros
- The Kimmeridgian limestone contains millions of tiny marine fossils embedded in a kind of whitish mortar which may have been once the bottom of the sea…hundreds of million years ago.
- This marine origin gives the wines of Chablis their unique flavor.
- Surface of the Domaine: 0.4 ha (0.998 acre).
- Average age of the vines: 27 years.
- Biological cultivation since 1990 and biodynamic cultivation since 1999.
- Treatment: only authorized products for biological cultivation are used – infusions and macerations of plant materials, sulfur and copper, powdered rock.
- Natural predators are not eliminated.
- Average yield at the Domaine: 47.3hl/ha (the yield currently authorized is now 54hl/ha).
- Harvesting: by hand.
- Pressing: very slow so as to respect the fruit.
- Juices from the last pressings are not retained.
- Type: in oak barrel (0% new wood).
- Length: 12 months.
Tasting note by Véronique Boss-Drouhin
- A delicate and ample wine, easy to appreciate.
- The pale yellow color is very pure, with light green reflections.
- On the nose, floral aromas of acacia harmonize with vegetal notes of fern and coriander.
- The aromas on the nose are amplified when the wine is in the mouth, together with new notes of orange or lemon marmalade.
- It has a soft, round, well balanced body.
- The aromas of fruit are enhanced by intense mineral notes evolving towards a slightly smoky flavor. Beautiful length on the aftertaste.
Serving Temperature: 55°F.
Cellaring: 5 to 15 years.
2021 | Tech Sheet | POS | Label | Bottle Shot
2020 | Tech Sheet | POS | Label | Bottle Shot