Drouhin Vaudon Chablis
Premier Cru Mont de Milieu
- The Kimmeridgian limestone contains millions of tiny marine fossils embedded in a kind of whitish mortar which may have been once the bottom of the sea…hundreds of million years ago.
- This marine origin gives the wines of Chablis their unique flavor.
- Plantation density: 6 250 stocks/ha.
- Pruning: double Guyot “Vallée de la Marne” (for its resistance to frost).
- Yield: we aim for a lower yield in order to extract all possible nuances from the terroir.
- Supply: grapes and musts purchased from supply partners.
- Very slow pressing so as to respect fruit.
- Type: In stainless steel tank
- Length: 7-8 months
Tasting note by Véronique Boss-Drouhin:
- Powerful, rich, rounded and mineral wine.
- Brilliant yellow color.
- Elegant and complex nose.
- The aromas are reminiscent of citrus as well as white flowers.
- The wine is harmonious on the palate and develops a nice structure.
- 3 to 8 years.