Drouhin Oregon Roserock
Eola-Amity Hills, Oregon
- Roserock Vineyard, Drouhin Family Estate
- Eola-Amity Hills
About Drouhin Oregon Roserock
- Roserock is an extraordinary vineyard at the southern tip of the Eola-Amity Hills, in Oregon’s Willamette Valley.
- Ancient volcanic soils, an ideal elevation range and the unique cooling effect of the Van Duzer corridor produce classic cool-climate Pinot Noir and Chardonnay.
- Roserock is LIVE-certified sustainable
About Our Eola-Amity Hills Chardonnay
- Our Roserock Chardonnay brings together the estate’s three Chardonnay blocks, which are handpicked and sorted.
- The Chardonnay is pressed immediately, and sent in equal parts to tank and barrel.
- Once malolactic fermentation is complete, Véronique assembles the two portions into her final cuvée.
The 2021 Vintage
- Winter was slightly warmer than average, and drought conditions continued across the west.
- February was defined by an ice-storm unlike anything seen in the Willamette Valley for 40 years.
- The growing season started out cool and dry, with frosts in April and an early heat event in May.
- June had the warmest days ever recorded in the Valley, but the vines remained healthy.
- Despite the dramatic growing season, the grapes produced had complex flavors, balance, and elegance, which was a great gift for winemakers and grape growers.
Véronique’s Tasting Notes
- The 2021 Roserock Chardonnay is defined by balance and precision, two trademark characteristics of this Eola-Amity Hills vineyard.
- A layered bouquet includes fragrant gardenia and perfumed honeysuckle, while acidity and nuanced stone fruit flavors energize the palate.
- Subtle minerality adds depth and refinement.
- It is another classic expression of the site.
Harvest: Oct. 1-10, 2021 | Bottled Date: Nov. 23, 2022