Joseph Drouhin Brouilly
- Brouilly is one of the most famous Crus of Beaujolais and the most Southern one.
- The hill where the vines grow (Mont Brouilly) looks like the cone of a volcano, with a small church on the top.
- The slopes are steep and crisscrossed by small, narrow roads.
- Mechanical harvest is forbidden: the grapes are picked by hand.
- The alcoholic fermentation is rather short: six-to-seven days. In many ways, the vinification follows the classic methods in use for the great red Burgundies: low yields and aging in oak barrels for at least eight months.
GRAPE VARIETY: 100% Gamay
FOOD PAIRINGS: Versatile with all kinds of food, especially simple and flavorful dishes such as hors d’oeuvres, charcuterie and white meats. Serve slightly cool.
TASTING NOTES: “An elegant Beaujolais: intense ruby-red color; on the nose, aromas of violet, lilac, sometimes blackberry and cranberry. Supple tannins, with lively acidity. On the palate, the wine leaves a pleasant note of wild berries”. – Véronique Boss-Drouhin
2021 | Tech Sheet | POS | Label | Bottle Shot
2020 | Tech Sheet | POS | Label | Bottle Shot