Drouhin Oregon Roserock
Zéphirine Pinot Noir
Eola-Amity Hills AVA, Oregon
- Roserock Vineyard, Drouhin Family Estate
- Eola-Amity Hills
About Our Zéphirine Pinot Noir
- Our Zéphirine Pinot Noir is a barrel selection cuvée from the Roserock vineyard, and is a reference expression of the site.
- Zéphirine conveys purity and beauty, reflects winemaker Véronique Drouhin’s dedication to elegance and finesse, and will age meaningfully for years to come.
- The name refers to the Zéphirine Drouhin variety of climbing rose, which is known for its fragrance and beauty.
The 2021 Vintage
- The 2021 vintage was absolutely worth the wait, and we couldn’t be more pleased with the charm and grace its wines present at every level.
- An arid and warm spring led to an even warmer, drier summer with notable heat spikes.
- Wonderfully, the vines remained healthy, and as temperatures cooled in mid-September, harvest was able to stretch out over three smooth weeks, ending in early October.
- After a dramatic growing season, the vines delivered grapes with complex flavors, incredible balance, and layers of elegance.
- As winemakers and grape growers, we couldn’t have asked for a better gift from the vineyard.
Véronique’s Tasting Notes:
- Our 2021 Roserock Zéphirine Pinot Noir gets right to the point: it is a fragrant, complex, exuberant expression of our vineyard, and its potential longevity is inspiring.
- On the nose, black currants, violet and lavender invite exploration.
- On the palate, juicy blue/black notes of wild berries and subtle earthiness wrap around a touch of spice.
- The tannins are firm yet elegant, providing a smooth mouthfeel and a long, satisfying finish. In short, the 2021 Zéphirine is special!