Silencio de Miros
D.O. RIBERA DEL DUERO
Silencio de Miros gets the essence of our most appreciated vineyard: “Rafael Vineyard”. Located at nearly 3,000 feet high, under the watchful eye of the Castle of Peñafiel.
- Tinta Fina (Tempranillo) from Rafael’s Vineyard.
- Late harvested, usually in mid-October, hand-picked using 12 Kg. cases that rest on a refrigeration chamber for 48 hours below 42ºF.
- Ferments during 12 days at 82ºF in truncated cones stainless steel tanks of 17,000 l. of capacity.
- Malolactic – It remains for 45 days in new French oak barrels of 500 and 225 litres with its fine lees , and we do a gentle battonage twice a week for increasing the volume on the palate.
- Aged in new French oak barrels for the time that our winemaker decides according to the characteristics of each vintage.