An elegant Chardonnay with fresh, tropical fruit flavors that reflect the beauty of the vineyard
without the winemaker’s boots stomping all over it.
- 17th-26th March 2021
- Meadowbank and Anderson, Southern Valleys, Marlborough
- 100% Chardonnay
- Alc. 13.81%,
- RS. 1.8 g/L ,
- pH. 3.41, TA.
- 5.28 g/L
- Drink now or cellar for 3 years for optimum drinking.
- Can cellar up to 10 years.
The complex flavors in this wine make it an adaptable option to pair with food. It’s perfect with dishes such a Pacific Kokoda recipe (similar to ceviche but with coconut cream) or barbecued crayfish tails with garlic butter. For a non-seafood option try it with duck pancakes topped with fresh spring onion. Or Vegetarians could try it with a mushroom risotto.
- Color: Straw yellow
- Nose: Intense aromas of dry grass, nectarine and apple peel entwine with notes of brioche and toasted macadamia nuts. Jules says the scent evokes “rolling in the hay at the end of Summer”!
- Palate: Just lovely on the palate. Ripe, rich, tropical flavors are balanced by crisp citrus notes and refreshing acidity. Barrel aging has added complexity but this holds hands nicely with the fruit and meshes together into a silky palate and a delicious, lingering finish.