- At the heart of the Côte de Nuits, the town of Nuits has its own Hospices, world-renowned vineyards and, of course, ancient traditions.
- Maison Joseph Drouhin owns nearly half of the Premier Cru Les Procès, next to Pruliers, another famous vineyard.
- The name Nuits may come from “noyer” (walnut tree), an uncommon tree in this region. As a matter of fact, the hillsides in Burgundy were covered with oak trees at the time the Romans arrived.
- Soil: excellent due east exposure, on a mild incline. The soil is not too rocky, but deep and with good drainage.
- Drouhin estate: Biological cultivation since 1990; biodynamic cultivation a few years later, 0,37 ha. (.925 acre). Average age of the vines: 59 years.
GRAPE VARIETY: 100% Pinot Noir
FOOD PAIRINGS: Pinot Noir is well-suited to pair with poultry, beef, fish, ham, lamb and pork. It will play well with creamy sauces, spicy seasonings and may just be one of the world’s most versatile food wines.
TASTING NOTES: “Deep garnet color, bright like a gemstone. The aromas are as intense, but elegant. They are reminiscent of cherry jelly with hints of wood and balsam, or cedar. With age, the aromas take on gamey touches. On the palate, the wine displays flesh as well as structure and a velvety texture. Very flavorful aftertaste, evoking fruit syrups and spice infusions”. – Véronique Boss-Drouhin
2021 | Tech Sheet | POS | Label | Bottle Shot
2020 | Tech Sheet | POS | Label | Bottle Shot