- Montagny is one of the four communes making up the Côte Chalonnaise, also known as Région de Mercurey.
- It is the most southern appellation of this Côte, with vineyards planted on a beautiful horseshoe-shaped series of hills.
- Montagny produces only white wine under that appellation.
- Montagny is a very attractive wine. It tends to be fuller than Rully blanc.
GRAPE VARIETY: 100% Chardonnay
- This exquisite wine, which goes so well with delicate fish and most shellfish, is also an excellent value.
TASTING NOTES: “Montagny is a very interesting wine, not just a simple “terroir wine”. Its color is pale. On the nose, aromas of golden apple, almond and fern, with a faint lemony note. There is a clear-cut and lively impression when first tasting the wine, followed by a feeling of roundness. Long aftertaste, with appetizing flavors of “compote” (stewed fruit).” – Véronique Boss-Drouhin