Beaune Clos des Mouches Rouge
- The Clos des Mouches vineyard takes full advantage of the sun exposure to the southeast.
- The hand-picked grapes are brought to the winery in small 50-pound crates.
- The grapes are then pressed and sometimes the stems are kept. An 18 day-fermentation and maceration take place with daily pumping over and punching of the cap.
- The wine is then put in barrels where it matures, smooths out and loses its acidity.
- After 15 to 18 months of “elevage” in wood (old and new oak) and frequent tastings, Clos des Mouches is bottled.
GRAPE VARIETY: 100% Pinot Noir
FOOD PAIRINGS: Enjoy with filet mignon, duck and ripe cheeses.
TASTING NOTES: It is distinguished by its elegance and finesse: round, velvety, and beautifully balanced. It has complexity and depth in a soft but very intense sort of way. Aromas are very refined with ripe black cherry, spices, earthy and lightly smoked notes with just the right touch of tannin. This wine can be put away for 10 years or even 20, depending on the vintage; it can also be enjoyed in its youth, with all its glorious fruitiness.