Beaune Clos des Mouches Blanc
- At the southern end of the Beaune appellation, next to Pommard, the Drouhin vineyard is at mid-slope, on a mild incline with an east/south east exposure.
- It is the largest parcel in the Clos des Mouches (14 hectares – 35 acres), one half planted with Chardonnay, the other half with Pinot Noir.
- It is one of the first vineyards acquired by Maurice Drouhin (the founder’s son) in the 1920’s.
- With great determination, he bought 41 different parcels from eight proprietors.
- It is planted equally in red and white grapes and both wines have achieved mythical status for the House of Joseph Drouhin.
GRAPE VARIETY: 100% Chardonnay
FOOD PAIRINGS: It is best served at 12°C (53F) and is perfect with fish or white meat in sauce.
TASTING NOTES: “An outstanding wine. Pale yellow color. Complex floral nose of white lilac and white rose. Once open, fruity aromas come to the fore, evolving towards grilled hazelnut and almond. When the wine is more mature, the nose is surprisingly strong and fifteen minutes of aeration produce wonderful notes of white truffle, citron, honey and nutmeg, elegantly meshed together. Very lively on the palate. Its rich texture is in evidence, but also its structure and minerality. It is round, but never heavy. Harmonious fullness in the aftertaste”. – Véronique Boss-Drouhin