Drouhin Oregon Roserock
Eola-Amity Hills, Oregon
- Roserock Vineyard, Drouhin Family Estate
- Eola-Amity Hills
About Our Eola-Amity Hills Pinot Noir
- Our Roserock Pinot Noir is a cuvée selection from the estate’s 35 blocks, which are handpicked, sorted and individually fermented.
- While Pinot Noirs from the Eola-Amity Hills are typically known for their structure and power, Véronique Drouhin emphasizes Roserock’s elegant and refined qualities, making for a delicious and ageworthy cuvée.
The 2022 Vintage
- The 2022 growing season began with great optimism.
- After a reasonable winter, bud break started in early April, right on schedule.
- Then, an unprecedented arctic air mass swept in, bringing snowfall, below-freezing temperatures, and the first-ever frost to impact our vineyards.
- Subsequent cool and damp conditions over the next few months caused sluggish vine growth, putting us 2-4 weeks behind by June.
- Mercifully, Mother Nature bestowed abundant sunshine and higher-than-average temperatures on us as harvest approached, resulting in a gentle conclusion to the season
and excellent fruit ripeness.
- While the Pinot Noir crop volumes were lower than usual, the quality of the fruit was exceptional – a compromise that we gladly accept!
Véronique’s Tasting Notes
- A rich garnet color sets the stage for our 2022 Roserock Pinot Noir.
- The nose unfolds with memorable aromas of lavender, violet, cherry pie and home-baked warmth.
- Layers of flavor, including cassis and cardamom, lend an exotic, spicy note, complemented by the bright, juicy sweetness of marionberry.
- The tannins provide a firm structure, adding depth and dimension to the wine, leading to a broad finish that lingers on.
- Enjoy now or hold 8+ years.