Domaine de la Solitude
Cuvee Cornelia Constanza
Cornelia Constanza is produced in hommage to Cornelia Costanza Barberini (1716-1797) the last Princess of the Family Barberini.
She married Giulio Cesare Colonna di Sciarra, Prince de Carbognano.
All the Italian property of the Barberini family went to the Colonna family.
Blend: 100% Grenache Noir
- Vine age: More than 100 years
- Yield: 18 hectolitres/hectare, 3000 bottles, 100 magnums
- Agricultural: Sustainable
- The grapes come from the oldest vineyard of the Domaine, more than 100 year old Grenache.
- Located on the western slope of ”La Crau“ on a soil of colluvium blending Gallets roulés and Safres.
- After crushing and partial destemming, the grapes are vinified in our cellars by gravity in truncated concrete vats.
- Maceration lasting 35 days with soft extractions make it possible to obtain these tannins, both powerful and supple, characteristic of our wines.
- We aged this vintage 60% in concrete tank and 40% in foudre for 18 months.
Suggested food association:
- Chevreuil in sauce “grand veneur” with a confit of bilberries and chestnuts, duck with wild mushroom sauce, stuffed pigeon, capon with truffles, chocolate gateau, clafoutis of cherries, “comté” cheese
A full-bodied, elegant and refined wine, tannic while remaining velvety smooth with gooseberry, toffee, cinnamon, cardamom and sichuan pepper, finishing very long on the palate.
WINEMAKER’S COMMENTS: Drink now through 2035. Recommended to be decanted 1 hour before enjoyment.