Vin de la Solitude Blanc
45% Clairette, 20% Roussanne, 20% Grenache Blanc, 5% Clairette Rosé, and the balance Bourboulenc and Picpoul.
- Total production: 1600 bottles et 150 magnums
Vinification and aging:
- The grapes of each grape variety are harvested by hand and then put in vats over their maturity.
- The first varietal Syrah is tanked in early September while the latter, Counoise early October.
- They are cofermented in whole bunches in a wooden conical tank.
- The alcoholic fermentation is very long, it lasts more than a month and the vatting has lasted 80 days.
- Aged for 18 months in barrel the wine is then bottled without fining or filtration.
Tasting notes: Floral nose with black berries and spices. A mouth with aromas of cassis, bouquet of garrigue. It is an elegant and refined wine, tannic while remaining fresh. Storage: Drink now until 2030.
Serving temperature: 60F° to 65F°.