- 92% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Malbec, 3% Merlot.
- 63% new oak, medium toast and house toast, very fine grain, 5 years open seasoning.
HARVESTING AND WINEMAKING:
- Hand harvested into 15 kilogram lug boxes and using Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI) images to assist in picking areas of homogenous ripening.
- Placed in a cold room overnight and sorted twice on a Pellenc Mechanical sorter and subsequent individual berry sorting on a vibrating table.
- Gravity fed directly to tank where 30% whole and 70% crushed berries underwent a four day cold maceration.
- Whole berry fermentation results in red berry fruit characteristics that temper the black berry characteristics of regular ferments resulting in a full spectrum of flavours.
- Natural fermentation with indigenous yeasts with open pump overs and three complete delestages during fermentation.
- Fermented dry on skins with up to one week post fermentation maceration.
- Basket pressed using only the free run juice for TELOS. All press fractions aged separately.
Spontaneous malolactic fermentation in barrel then racked, sulphured and returned to barrel for 22 months.
- Three rackings during ageing with blending occurring 4 months before bottling.
- Number of bottles available: 1000
- Herb crusted lamb, pork belly or grilled ostrich served with roasted seasonal vegetables.
- A wine of great precision and intensity from the first taste to the persistent finish.
- With evident complexity, exceptional balance and a well-defined structure, this is a wine that will reward patient cellaring while offering endless enjoyment now.