Tokara Reserve Collection
Elgin Sauvignon Blanc
- This 100% Sauvignon Blanc is made from grapes grown on Tokara’s Highlands farm in Elgin.
- The vines crop at around 5 tons/hectare.
- 100% Sauvignon Blanc
FOOD PAIRINGS: This wine is best savored with delicate foods such as white asparagus with a hollandaise sauce, tuna ceviche, baked salmon with a dill & cream dressing served with roasted fennel bulb, fresh oysters or seared tuna. This wine drinks well immediately after release but will be at its best 2 to 5 years after harvest.
- The wine displays a beautiful pale straw color with a hint of green.
- The nose is subtle and perfumed. The aromas are that of nettles, lemongrass, green figs and cape gooseberries.
- The wine enters the palate with amazing clarity and freshness.
- The characters are typical of that of a cool climate Sauvignon blanc with gooseberry and guava fruit characters and a textured minerality in the middle.
- The finish is clean, fresh and persistent.
2022 | Tech Sheet | POS | Label | Bottle Shot
2021 | Tech Sheet | POS | Label | Bottle Shot