Tokara Director’s Reserve White
- This is a blend of 63% Sauvignon blanc and 37% Semillon.
- It is made from grapes grown on the highest slopes of Tokara’s Stellenbosch property, which lies in the foothills of the Simonsberg Mountain Range.
CROPPING AND HARVESTING:
- The vines cropped between 7 and 10.0 tons per hectare.
- The grapes were hand-picked at optimal flavor ripeness at sugars between 21.6 and 23.3 brix and acidities of 6.7 g/l to 8.5 g/l.
Best served with creamy seafood dishes or grilled white fish.
- This wine displays a pale straw color with striking brilliance which catches the light.
- The nose is complex, exhibiting attractive notes of gooseberry and pink grapefruit all intermingled with hints of lemongrass and lightly toasted almonds.
- There is an underlying flintiness and graphitic note that affirms the contribution from the Semillon.
- On the palate the wine enters full and rich reminiscent of the aromas on the nose.
- The wine has amazing clarity and depth with a zesty persistence.
2019 | Tech Sheet | POS | Label | Bottle Shot
2018 | Tech Sheet | POS | Label | Bottle Shot