Director’s Reserve Red
- This wine is a blend of 69% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Petit Verdot, 8% Merlot, 4% Cabernet Franc and 4% Malbec.
- The grapes originated from Tokara’s premium vineyards on the slopes of the Simonsberg Mountain outside of Stellenbosch.
CROPPING AND HARVESTING:
- Only grapes from the best blocks and from the best parts of these blocks were used.
- The average yield is between 5 and 10 t/ha.
- The grapes were hand-picked at optimal ripeness between the 14th of February and the 28th of March.
- Grilled ribeye steak served with béarnaise sauce and potato dauphinoise.
- Displaying an appealing red claret color with an intense center and a ruby rim.
- The nose showcases complex aromas of ripe red and black fruits with hints of dried cranberry, baking spice and graphite.
- The wine enters the palate with incredible purity and focus.
- Flavors are those of dark cherries, blackberries and ripe plum skin.
- Sumptuous and full, there is a hint of spice on the mid-palate which leads to fine, firm tannins on the finish.