Marlborough Estate Reserve
“SUPERB value for a delightfully drinkable Pinot” Wine Orbit Fruit for this wine was sourced from a number of specifically chosen low cropping vineyards sites in Marlborough.
- The wine was hand plunged frequently throughout ferment then gently pressed off skins.
- When dry each batch was pressed to tank, settled and then racked off gross lees to either stainless steel tanks or a mixture of new and older seasoned French oak.
- 100 per cent malolactic fermentation was carried out before being blended and gently prepared for bottling.
- Seal: Screw Cap
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- Bright floral aromas of sunwarmed ripe raspberries and red cherry combined with toasted spice.
- A fruit driven wine with fresh flavours of blackcurrants, raspberry and dried herb.
- The tannin structure is fine with beautiful balance and an inviting savoury finish.
- A pretty Pinot Noir which will cellar well for up to four years from vintage date.
- Beautifully matched with barbeque steak with a creamy mushroom sauce.
Sam Kim – Wine Orbit – 91 Points
“This is a comforting red offering lovely ripe fruit flavours of dark plum, cassis and spiced cherry with nuances of dried herb, cedar and cocoa. The palate is succulent and plump, and delivers attractive fruit intensity and silky texture, finishing long and smooth. The wine offers terrific value and drinkability. At its best: now to 2020”