G.E. Massenez Marc D’Alsace Grappa
DESCRIPTION: By definition, an eau-de-vie (“water of life”) is a spirit which is distilled from the fermented mash of fruit. G.E. Massenez uses only choice, ripe, hand-picked fruit. The fruits are mashed and then allowed to go through a limited fermentation. The liquid is then distilled in copper stills fitted with a special device to create an especially slow and refined distillation. Massenez eaux-de-vie are double distilled, thus intensifying the fruit character, the “heart”, in the resulting distillate. Approximately 20 pounds of fruit is required to produce one bottle of eau-de-vie.
GRAPE VARIETY: Gewürztraminer
- Traditionally, eaux-de-vie are consumed very cold, in a brandy snifter, after a meal.
- They can also be substituted for vodka in any mixed drink, or can be mixed with club soda or fruit juice for a different aperitif.
- The marc of Gewürztraminer is one of the only French brandies of controlled appellation.
- It is a brandy with the powerful flavors, with much of density and a very developed aroma which very subjectively expresses fruity noble grape of Gewürztraminer.
- It is then regarded as a brandy of great quality.
NV | Tech Sheet | POS | Label | Bottle Shot