Gigondas Bellecoste Rouge
Grenache 70% – Syrah 20% – Cinsault 10%
The Dentelles de Montmirail is also a land of famous vineyards. This terroir produces the prestigious wines of Beaumes de Venise (AOC Muscat Beaumes de Venise) and Rasteau, with their reds and sweet wines, and Gigondas and Vacqueyras with their Côtes-du-Rhone red wines.
Terroir & grape varieties
- The vineyard is cultivated with the greatest respect for nature and people. The grapes come from terroirs located on the southern slope of the Dentelles de Montmirail.
- Those terroirs, among the highest of the appellation, are located between 400 and 500 meters above sea level.
- A magnificent hillside whose soil is made of red clay and limestone glow. Such soils naturally give small yields. For vintage 2019, 30 hectoliters/hectare.
Winemaking and aging
- The grapes are vinified in whole bunches in concrete tanks.
- The vatting lasts a fortnight with gentle extractions.
- Aging takes place for 70% in vats and for 30% in barrels of several wines.
- The aromas of black fruits along with red fruits join the flavors of garrigue and black olives.
- Powerful tannins blend into a long finish.
- Leg of suckling lamb with thyme flower, ratatouille, Provençal tomatoes, lamb tagine with prunes.
- To be enjoyed in the 10 coming years following the vintage.
- Serving temp: 61-64 ° F.