MARLBOROUGH GRÜNER VELTLINER
The best way to describe Grüner Veltliner is as a cool climate wine hailing from the Austrian slopes.
Grüner is like the illegitimate lovechild of Pinot Gris and Riesling – what’s not to love?
- 9th April, 2022
- A single vineyard in the Wairau Valley sub-region of Marlborough.
- 100% Grüner Veltliner
- Alc. 12.76%,
- RS. 1.3 g/L,
- pH. 3.44,
- TA. 5.51 g/L
- Drink now for optimum drinking.
- Can cellar up to 5 years.
Food Match: Grüner Veltliner is a great match for strong flavors and spice so try it with something like sticky pork belly bao buns with hoisin sauce and cucumber and spring onions. Or try prawn and chive dumplings with chili oil and black vinegar. Alternatively it is great when enjoyed with summer salads or char-grilled veggies.
- Color: Pale straw yellow
- Nose: Ripe russet apples, pears and macadamia notes combine on the nose with just a hint of fennel and dill and a touch of white pepper.
- Palate: The palate boasts delicious flavors of apples, pears, macadamia, sesame and fennel. There is also a hint of Grüner’s signature white pepper flavor. This is a fine, concentrated wine with a lovely textural element from the wild fermented portion alongside crisp saline acidity and a long refreshing finish.