- The production area stretches south of Burgundy in the Mâconnais region, within 10km southwest of Mâcon.
- Less famous than its neighbor “Fuissé”, it has been known since the Roman times; “Vincella” is still tinged with its specificities.
- The vineyard, located at an altitude of 250m (820 feet), on the steep slope facing east, is dominated by its fortified castle.
- The soil is clay and limestone rich in iron oxide.
GRAPE VARIETY: 100% Chardonnay.
- 52°-55°F is the correct temperature to serve a Pouilly-Vinzelles.
- It marries well with hors d’oeuvres, delicately flavored charcuterie, oysters, mussels and any other shellfish.
TASTING NOTES: “A wine for mere pleasure! Pale yellow color with numerous bright green reflections. Intense persistent flavors of peach and white flowers harmoniously meshed together. On the palate, the wine is ample, fresh, intense, with reminiscent notes of ripe grapes, almond, fresh hazelnut and cinnamon. The mouth reveals an elegant wine endowed with a good structure”.. – Veronique Boss-Drouhin