Joseph Drouhin Laforet Bourgogne Chardonnay
A great value entry level Chardonnay from various Burgundian appellations including Cote D’Or, Chablis and Maconnais. Bright, fresh and charming, the wine has is beautifully balanced with excellent structure complimented by lemon cream and a fine thread of tropical fruit notes.
- Laforêt Bourgogne Chardonnay from Maison Joseph Drouhin is made from 100% Chardonnay grapes, picked by hand, coming from all over Burgundy.
- It derives its bouquet and taste from various “terroirs”; its general character from Macon, its crispy structure from Chablis, its body from Rully, Chassagne and Puligny-Montrachet, and its overall nascent complexity from the young vines of Joseph Drouhin’s own “Crus”.
- It is often the entry-level wine leading to the great white Burgundies.
- Drinking it provides the simple pleasures of a classic Burgundy.
GRAPE VARIETY: 100% Chardonnay
- This is a wine to enjoy young, served at 11°-12° C, alone as an aperitif or with light meat or seafood.
TASTING NOTES: “Fruity and full of life. This is a classic white Burgundy and a good entry level wine for Burgundy in general. The color is golden yellow, with a greenish glint. The aromas are reminiscent of fresh grape and green almond. Elegant texture”. – Véronique Boss-Drouhin