- Chardonnay is the unique variety used to produce this white wine.
- It grows on limestone soil mixed with brown clay.
- A careful balance between tradition and modern techniques characterizes Joseph Drouhin vineyard management and vinification: they have their own nursery.
- Ploughing and leaf removal are the only methods used. The whole harvest is picked by hand.
- The grapes are gently and slowly pressed. The juice settles down for a few hours and is then placed in oak barrels.
- The fermentation starts naturally, with no yeast inoculation. The malolactic fermentation is always led to its natural completion.
- The wine matures in small oak barrels for nine to ten months and receives all of the necessary care before bottling.
- The percentage of new oak varies with each vintage but it never exceeds 40% so that the oak cannot dominate the fruit.
GRAPE VARIETY: 100% Chardonnay
- Best served with white meat (turkey, veal) or fish in a delicate sauce.
TASTING NOTES: “A generous and elegant wine. Light golden colour. Intense nose of flower, brioche and candied lemon aromas, evolving towards nuances of grilled hazelnut and spice as the wine matures. On the palate, the wine is straightforward, with a nice texture and finesse. It has a long aftertaste where floral and gingerbread notes dominate”. – Veronique Boss-Drouhin