- Plantation density: 10,000 vine stocks/hectare.
- Pruning: Guyot
- Yield: 62 hl/ha, purposely low in order to extract all possible nuances from the terroir.
- Supply: grapes and wine purchased from regular suppliers.
- Maceration and vinification take 2 to 3 weeks.
- Indigenous yeasts.
- Maceration and fermentation temperatures under total control.
- Joseph Drouhin seeks total control of the process of extraction; extraction gives color and substance to a wine but should never be detrimental to its finesse and typical character.
- Stainless-steel vats (7 to 8 months).
- One to two-year old barrels for the wines of higher origin.
GRAPE VARIETY: 100% Pinot Noir
TASTING NOTES: “A wine full of charm: bright ruby color and a nose rich with aromas of red fruit (raspberry, red currants, wild strawberry). On the palate, the wine is pleasant, fruity and refreshing, with light tannins and great elegance”.. – Véronique Boss-Drouhin