History & tradition:
Joseph Drouhin takes great care in selecting the various cuvées.
Soil: clay and limestone.
Plantation density: 10,000 vine stocks/hectare.
- Pruning: Guyot.
- Yield: 61 hl/ha, purposely low in order to extract all possible nuances from the terroir.
- Supply: grapes and must purchased from regular suppliers.
- Press: pneumatic press.
- “Débourbage”: decanting of white wine to reduce sediment.
- Stainless-steel vats (7 to 8 months).
- One to two year old barrels for the wines of higher provenance.
GRAPE VARIETY: 100% Chardonnay
- This is a wine to enjoy young, served at 11°-12° C, alone as an aperitif or with light meat or seafood.
TASTING NOTES: “Fruity and full of life. This is a classic white Burgundy and a good entry level wine for Burgundy in general. The color is golden yellow, with a greenish glint. The aromas are reminiscent of fresh grape and green almond. Elegant texture”. – Véronique Boss-Drouhin