- Rutherford, Napa Valley
- 96% Cabernet Sauvignon
- 4% Cabernet Franc
- Chateau, Cohn, Creek, Gate, Gio, La Lomita, Lower Cask, Red Barn, Walnut
- 19 Months
- 100% French Oak
- 50% New Oak
- June 2021
2019 Vintage Notes:
- A wet winter just before the 2019 growing season fed our vineyards and a cool spring gave way to budbreak in the second week of April.
- That led to excellent conditions for an early bloom which occurred just after more rain in late May.
- The resulting 2019 crop was generously proportioned, and while July was cool, warmer temperatures in August and September promoted very gradual, even ripening.
- A diverse selection of blocks from nine discrete vineyard areas on the estate contributed to our 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Due to excellent weather during harvest, we were able to pick blocks sequentially, at optimal ripeness, beginning September 20th (Gate Cabernet Franc) and finishing on October 17th (Red Barn Cabernet Sauvignon).
Winemaker’s Tasting Notes:
- Stunningly deep ruby in color, the 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon opens with heady aromas of brambly black cherry, vanilla, warm brioche, and crème de cassis.
- As the wine warms on the palate, notes of red cherry, graphite and fennel emerge, as very polished, refined tannins carry the wine into a long, fragrant finish.
- Layered flavors, good tension, and a perfect integration of wine and oak interact to create this classic expression of Inglenook Cabernet Sauvignon.
News From The Robb Report
9 Big, Bold Red Wines to Pair With Your Burger This Summer
The delightful pairing of unctuous meat and firm tannins will get you through the summer.
Published on July 2, 2023 By MIKE DESIMONE AND JEFF JENSSEN
Inglenook 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley California
Francis Ford Coppola purchased parts of the historic Inglenook Estate in 1975, the remaining portions of the property in 1995, and acquired the right to use the name Inglenook in 2011. Today this exceptional wine is made from organically grown grapes grown on the Coppola family estate. It is 95 percent Cabernet Sauvignon with the addition of Cabernet Franc, Merlot, and Petit Verdot. It is ruby garnet in color with aromas of black raspberry, black plum, coffee, forest floor, and cigar box. It has flavors of ripe red and black fruits with a touch of cedar shavings and pencil lead in the post palate. The tannins are silky smooth and the finish just keeps going.
– The Robb Report