Domaine de la Solitude
“Cuvée Barberini” Rouge
Blend: 45% Grenache, 45% Syrah, and 10% Mourvèdre
Cuvée Barberini Red – It is a tribute to our ancestors the Barberini Family, produced when the vintage allows it from a special selection from our domaine, well known for its concentration and its opulence. The modern winemaking style, with optimization of the extraction but without excess, gives a powerful wine with silky tannins. Depending on the vintage, a part more or less is aged 16 months in barrels, and then when the blending is made, is going to spend 6 months in tanks for a perfect integration. Impressive wine, with a significant purity and density, can best be served for tasting between 4 and 15 years at least after the vintage year.
- Yield: 30 hl/ha
- Agricultural: Sustainable
- The grenaches of this wine come from our best parcels of old vine on the famous « galets roulés terroirs ».
- After manual selection of the best grapes on a sorting table, the grapes are crushed and destemmed before falling by gravity into our fermentation tanks.
- Long maceration and soft extractions help to get these both powerful and flexible features of our wines.
- About 60% of this wine is aged in oak barrels and demi-muid for 18 months.
Food and wine pairing:
- This wine still in its youth is best with red meat like a beautiful rib of beef but also, for instance, an apricot tagine of lamb, duck breast with cherries, then after about ten years a hare “à la royale”
- A delicate nose, mingling aromas of tobacco, violets, cedar and milk chocolate. The mouth is velvety with aromas of liquorice and cherry, with a persistent chocolatey finish.
2020 | Tech Sheet | POS | Label | Bottle Shot
2019 | Tech Sheet | POS | Label | Bottle Shot