2018 Petrus Pomerol
- Pétrus is considered to be the most interesting of the Pomerols.
- In Pomerol there is no classification as in Médoc or Saint-Émilion. But the small surface, 11,50 hectares (9 time smaller than Lafite) of Pétrus makes it rare.
- Situated on the higher point of Pomerol.
- The new barrels are washed in order not to mark the wine to much.
- The grapes are harvested when fully matured for the purity of taste to the detriment of productivity.
- Pétrus, tremendous soil, is first of all the rendezvous of men in love with wine; Michel Gilet, master of the vines, dreams of nature without chemistry; Francois Veyssiere, cellar master is also collector of fruit trees in danger of extinction; the winemaker, Jean-Claude Berrouet brings his enthusiasm of Basque to Pétrus as well as to Lafleur-Pétrus, La Magdeleine and Trotanoy.
- 100 % Merlot
FOOD PAIRINGS: An excellent complement of beef, lamb, veal and game.
TASTING NOTES: Bordeaux’s most intensely concentrated, richly flavored and unique red wine. An incredible power, depth and richness yet a remarkable balance with penetrating aromas of ripe mulberry, black currant and fruit and spicy vanilla oak, setting it apart from all Bordeaux’s finest wines.